Saturday, January 10, 2009

Date night with 12 year olds

Had such a good time taking my daughter and her friend to see Bride Wars. It was cute funny and ultimately had a good message. That Kate Hudson was awesome.
the really fun part was seeing my daughter's behavior with a friend. I am so proud of her. She was so nice to me. She had a chance to be a snotty teen to look cool in front of friends and she was so kind and concerned. She didn't want me to sit by myself at the theater. She was shocked to hear that I had gone to movies by myself. She was concerned I had been lonely. How sweet.
Her friend spent the night and about 11:30 a bottle of nail polish spilled on the carpet during a makeover. Actually it was while she was CLEANING UP from a makeover.
She was so apologetic that she had spilled it but also that I stayed up late trying to clean it up. I wasn't mad or anything, isn't it a rite of passage for every girl to spill nail polish on the carpet? She has been in a great mood all day in spite of little sleep. Now this is the sign that she is mature enough to have friends spend the night, hang out, good to the movie theater, etc.
Yeah for God in working in her heart.