Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Resolutions/Lent/ Other reasons for change

So I have been thinking and praying about doing something to facilitate change in my attitude. Not so much my life but just my outlook. I struggle being the glass is half full kind of gal. I am more of a "oh, your glass is half empty, let me get you a refill" person. You know, a fixer. It sounds noble but really I think its a sin issue. I could go into great detail about how it is disguised but I know I am not a very positive person right now. I am trying to change that about myself. So I had this idea of using this blog as a sort of gratitude journal that all self help books say you have to have if you are going to practice happiness. I thought maybe I could write about people I see doing positive things. Or just people I really admire. I could practice saying nice things about people which may train me not to be constantly "evaluating" others.
Here are some advantages: I get to say nice things about other people. I get to blog instead of farming on facebook. I am doing something different.
Disadvantages: Someone may not want me blogging about them even if its good. I will have to stick with this for a long period of time. It may become one more thing to do and I already feel overwhelmed with things to do.
Maybe I should just try it for Lent. I have already designated something to give up but maybe I should also add something........

No comments: