Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Shack

I just finished reading The Shack by William P. Young. It was an interesting read and an unusual take on explaing God in terms we can relate to. Sometimes I wonder about trying to explain God. It seems as silly as searching for two matching snowflakes. No matter how we describe God we will come up pitifully short. Our language certainly lacks words that can explain I Am. But sometimes the search for the snowflakes can be fulfulling even if we don't find the two matching snowflakes. So maybe the point is to try. Enjoy the process of uncovering anything we can about God. Certainly we will come up short but won't we have enjoyed the process?
So back to the book....I am glad I read it. I didn't think the writing was fantastic but I surely loved the story. I have been reading lots of books lately so its always good to read one that is written by someone who loves God and wants to share a God moment.
I found this great website.. www.Goodreads.com. It is helping me keep track of what I have read. You can use it for book clubs, to promote your own book, etc. I just use it to keep a list of things I want to read and have already read. If you want to check my list out, look me up as shopper444@fuse.net under the friends section.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: