Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blooming?

Although it is officially Autumn, I feel like Spring. In the last year or so, I have been in a "pruned" state of mind. I mean God really had pruned me down the the nub! I felt like I had to let go of nearly everything- my friends, my ministry opportunities, my credibility, my comfort. Not to mention a home I loved in a town I loved. Just like in creation, sometimes pruning is required to encourage new growth. I am feeling like I am showing some green! So I don't love my house and maybe that is a good thing. I would never have picked this town to live in but it is working out. I have had some opportunities to serve and meet some awesome people. Do I have new friends? Maybe not friends yet but I am finding lovely souls that could become friends with over time. I have a renewed passion for some things I took for granted. I may not be blooming yet but there is growth and it feels awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so proud of you. God is good.