Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Suite Francaise

I finally finished this book. It has taken me over a month to finish. Not sure why, I guess there were too many nights I just went straight to sleep. Then I'd pick it up again and be totally lost and have to re-read passages to remind me of who certain characters were, etc. The cool thing about this book is it includes the authors notes in the back of the book. She died in a concentration camp and this book was just published recently. The back story of the author and her writing process was almost more interesting than the story. Although the book itself was good.
I look back at this past month and realize it has been very busy with sports, homework, scouts, afterschool clubs. Its finally calming down now. Soccer season is over, its the end of the trimester for the kids and flag football is over.
I have to give a shout out to the Upward Flag Football program. We have never done an Upward program before and it was awesome. I love the mission statement that every kid's a winner. The gospel is shared, the kids are prayed for and Jesus is always present at the games. Last night was the end of season celebration. Anthony Munoz was the guest speaker (famous Bengal football player) and there was a juggler. The juggler is known as The Juggler for Jesus. How cool would it be to have your mission to be a juggler? This guy was awesome at sharing the gospel while he did these really cool tricks. The best part was he had a very sarcastic sense of humor which I of course love. It was lots of fun and if you ever have a desire for flag football for your son or daughter (yes, girls play and are good, I can't recommend it enough!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

having dinner with margo tomorrow.....i'll give her a hug for you....